Simple tips to discover if you’re a sensitive person
In my personal experience, deep down I’ve always known I’m a sensitive person. However,
The truth is that all human beings possess a certain level of sensitivity.
In some of us it’s more present than in others, also some express it more openly than others.
Here’s a quick check list to identify what’s the level of your sensitivity:
- As a child I used to be withdrawn and feel too much;
- I cry often or feel like crying if I see or experience injustice or somebody’s misbehavior;
- I absorb the atmosphere in my surroundings – if a colleague or a family member is angry or sad, I feel uneasy and eventually start feeling surpressed;
- Big crowds, loud noises and bright lights make me shrink and want to run away;
- I often feel overwhelmed and disempowered by injustice, materialism and cruelty;
- I’m deeply hurt by criticism and mean remarks;
- Usually I take things to heart and don’t have a careless attitude;
- I can easily put myself in the shoes of another person;
- I have a strong intuition and very often I foresee events before they happen;
- I pay more attention to how I feel than to what is logical’;
- Most of the time I don’t like competing with others.
- I shun arguments and acute face-to-face quarrels;
- I need to spend a lot of time by myself;
- I have a very interesting inner life and like to spend time in my own company;
- Sometimes I want to change the world;
- I feel recharged when I’m in contact with nature;
- Technology, transport and modern living are often too exhausting to me;
- I appreciate beauty, music, art and nature to a very deep level;
- I pay attention to detail and see the beauty and life in everything;
- Spirituality and deep emotions are essential part of my life.
If you agree with half of the statements above –
Congratulations! You’re a sensitive person.
If most or all of them are true, most likely you’re a highly sensitive person like me and that’s wonderful.
Why I say congratulations?
Because sensitivity is a gift and when taken seriously and protected, it can lead us to rich and satisfying experience in life.
Remember, you can be genuinely happy and successful
only when you’re truly in compliance with your authentic, amazing, one-of-a-kind self.
In the articles to follow I’ll show you how to:
- connect with your sensitivity
- express it in safe ways
- protect it
- use it as a platform to find love and achieve success.
Your journey to the self-discovery and appraisal of your sensitive side has just started!
What else can you add to the list? What emotions does your sensitivity provoke in you? Please share in the comments below!